Aston Martin Forum banner

UGGG! Another window drop problem!

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob the Train 
#1 ·
Hello! Newbie to the forum here...but enjoy what I've seen so far! We just replaced the window regulator, motor, and ECU for the drivers window...97 DB7 Alfred Dunhill. Original motor/regulator no longer available, AM recommended later Vantage regulator/motor, which required new ECU. Now, window works properly EXCEPT: window drops all the way open whenever the door is opened. Every time. Tried multiple times to relearn (key in position 2, all the way up, waited up to 15 seconds, all the way down, waited 15 seconds) but to no avail. Still doing the same thing. I do see one curious thing: with the window all the way up, if I turn the key to 'off' then to either position 1 or 2 and then press down, the window drops about 1, maybe 2 MM. Then, if I cycle the window down and back up, I don't get that slight drop with the switch, until I turn the key back to off position. Regardless of key cycling and window positioning, if I open the door from either inside or outside, the window drops all the way down. This happens whether the key is in or out, on or off. This makes it impossible to take the car anywhere- everytime the door opens, the window goes all the way down! Can't roll the window up from outside...get in and roll the window up, open door to get out, window goes down...ad nauseam...
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

#2 ·
Hi! I’m new here

I was in Cannes sometime ago and wanted to rent a nice car for a coast trip, but the experience of finding good deals, knowing the price or even understand what models are available from rental companies was a really painful experience.

Basically I had to email or call around 20 car rental companies to see who gives me the best deal or just to understand what cars they provide, so I ended up just wasting my time and riding motorcyle by the end ( Ducati at least lol )

As being into IT, I decided to make the process easier and created “Afflurent” app as for now just for iPhone.

I would like to share with you my work and curious to know what do you think.
Let me know for any improvement that might help you to make your supercar rental experience more pleasurable.

You can also visit our website: https://goo.gl/5rCsf0 or the Iphone App: https://goo.gl/neZJto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.