Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, and my reason for joining this forum - I am looking at a 2003 DB7 GT. I first want to know what the spare part availability is, how much parts are interchangeable with newer AM models, and any users' general experience with the DB7.

Kind regards

·
Registered
108 Posts
2003 gt

The only major part that needs checking is the Clutch.

On the GT it's a Twin plate AP racing clutch, same as fitted to the Vanquish (although applied slightly differently) and can cost as much as $16000 to replace. (£8k GBP)

There are no aftermarket alternatives and these are manufactured in small qty's for AM only.

Apart from that treat it just like any other car. On the GT you need to make sure the Wheel alignment and Geometry are 100% otherwise tyres won't last very long at all (2 - 3 months).

With a correctly setup chassis tyres should last quite some time.

Other niggles to check for like with any DB7 variant are:

Plugs and Coils (replace if not already done so)
Aircon
Warning lights
PATS (alarm system and Clock)
Remove all front floor coverings and check for signs of damp and/or rusting.
Also have the Aircon drain tubes and in fact ALL drain tubes checked for blockages.

Apart from that, buy the car and enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
on my 2003 DB7 GT the clutch gave up at 60000 km. According to the dealership's invoice a DB9 clutch was fitted instead of the original twin plate. The availability of the original part might have been the reason for. The new clutch is lighter in action and engages more smoothly. The price was around 3600 EUR.

The DB9 clutch seems to be interchangeable.

Best regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts