Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

i'm having a hard time locating spare parts for a 2003 Aston Martin DB7 (V12).
for the most part, i need the main radiator, some o-rings as well as a coolant expansion tank.

does anybody know of any resources i can check online, part diagrams, etc?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I repaired my own radiator when it sprung a leak.

Though mine was simple coolant leak and not mixing with the gear oil.

These are a one off design and there are no Ford equivalent parts.

I can provide part numbers and the new rad is priced at approx £450 UK.

You can find cheaper prices if you shop around but this is a ball park figure.

The expansion tanks are a common fault if you had the previous tin or plastic part. They are replaced with aluminium tanks. Cost for these is quite high for what they are!! several hundred UK pounds !!

Send me a message later to remind me about part numbers as I have the complete parts lists here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a new radiator and o-rings.. replaced them already so that's done with :)

the car already has an aluminum expansion tank, but the cap doesn't allow any pressure relief, it's simply a tight seal which doesn't seam right.

now the one issue i have is flushing all the coolant out of the gearbox..
i used 56 Liters of oil so far, and finally the gear oil comes out the way it goes in.. but i still think i'll need to drop the gearbox and torque converter and rebuild them with new seals, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I never wanted to use the cooling pack combined with an Auto trans fluid end tank cooler.
Package constraints forced us into a corner on that one.
We undertook 100,000 mile / 10 yr cyclic test & durability. Pretty sure at least one CP auto coupe did 75k miles on the road with the production intent auto cooling package.
The manual transmission aux cooling was my responsibility as well.
I tested with the Sumitomo 4.5 litre gear pump that was used by Nismo on GTR33 Skyline concurrently on development test for Euro sign off.
They had 3 pumps fitted to driveline parts to stabilise autobahn bulk oil temps !
I'm tempted to say "think yourself lucky you only had to put up with one";)

Apologies.
Time is a cruel judge of ones work & those compromises made.:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re : my last post on cooling pack with end tank coolers.
It transpires that the Bloxham cost down team that took charge of AM702 after job 1 plus 90 days may have been optimistic with whom they then used to produce the cooling packs & many other changes mooted as the vehicle went in to production in 1999.
I believe the production intent manufacturer of the cooling packs ( Visteon) may have been forced into cost reductions & or the manufacture was moved to another company / or plant.
I will investigate this further.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts