Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls..it's finally happened...the dreaded 'CLICK' when the start button is pressed. My first thought was "Hmmm...Battery not holding a charge..time for a replacement" (actually I was fairly sure that I was only lying to myself). As it often happens, I had indeed been lying to my inner self...the battery is at max charge! :mad::mad::mad:

So then, who else has had to replace their starter motor, and can you share the removal procedure used.. Thanks in advance for any help..

Ray B.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try replacing the starter solenoid. Odds are that is the part that failed. My 2002 DB7 solenoid died at 29,000 miles.It is far cheaper than replacing the whole unit. A good shop can cross reference the solenoid. Mine cost $49.

·
Registered
108 Posts
First thing to do when you get the click is as follows:

Disconnect the battery.

Get underneath the car and check the main battery lead from the rear to the starter solenoid.

You may very well find it lose !!!

Aston in their wisdom did not fit a shakeproof washer or a Nyloc nut, so over time these can work lose.

Remove the nut (10mm) and replace with a Nyloc or fit shakeproof washers and tighten fully.

Reconnect battery and press the button ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts