Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there- am a new member and wondered if anyone has ideas on this continuous fault i keep getting on my DB9
even after the system checks on start up the computer lists "TYRE SYSTEM FAULT" hence preventing digital speedo to operate. car has been to AM garage and they say its tyre pressures and sure enough it returns all OK- but it reoccurs - have asked AM garage to check control unit they say its fine
i have checked all pressures when cold( 36psi f & 38psi rear)- any ideas

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's OK

the Aston Martin & Bentley Tyre pressures system are idiot.
try to clean the sensor and wait tell the car move is it still there just ignore it.

u don't want to west more money on that things
^ That
Check/Clean sensor
Check wiring
Check fuse box (if the fuse is blown)
Quick DIY, as the dealer will likely rip you off for any of these repairs

·
Registered
319 Posts
the receiver on the car check ur manual book (in my 2007 BD9 its on above the passenger foot). on 2005 maybe on the same place or in the Car Box.
the sensor on the Tyre and its by color (Red,Yellow, blue and i don't remember kkk)

try to clean it from out side
if you can try it from inside but that need a Tyre shop to help u.

My advice "just ignore it"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Digital Speedo Read

Hi David,

I'm with Altawashm on this one, just ignore. I have an 05 DB9 as well, and the same issue.
To get your digital Speedometer back you just need to press the "Read" button near the stereo. The glowing tire light will stay on, but your digital Speedo will come back.
FYI, your tire monitor/receiver is in the top of the trunk area.
Cheers right back at cha....you Brits are so much classier than we are.

Happy driving!

-Micah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Micah
i have found the monitor receiver and as you say its in the trunk but Alterwashm stated to clean the sensor which threw me as to location of the sensor
i thought the monitor was solid state and nothing could be done to it other than replace- do you know if thats the case or can it be cleaned
nice to know that this fault is on other DB9's- even in California- not sure about us Brits being classier though - haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts