Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this problem. The dealer tells me to keep my foot on the break for 1 minute to reset the system. It does this hesitation every time I start the car. Would never buy another. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sounds as though there's an issue with the throttle actuation. There's either a fault with the throttle bodies (bad potentiometers) or a glitch in the software that needs to be programmed out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"2007 Vantage that hesitates/stutters

Whatever the problem , the dealer had the car back four times and claims this is not a problem. They are nuts if they produce cars like this and want to be in business in the future. Reminds me of their Lagonda Model. Thanks for the response Josh.

·
Registered
63 Posts
"it's not a problem" is definitely not an acceptable explanation for a client.

Modern cars can really be difficult when it comes to electrical glitches. I've had more than one car that was honestly "undiagnosable", in which case it's neccessary to make an educated decision and replace a part or parts until the issue is solved.

Many times the dealer will contact the brand headquarters and get their engineers involved to solve the problem.

Perhaps taking a more precise and "to the point" appraoch will help you get this solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"2007 Vantage that hesitates/stutters

Have given up all hope for this authorized dealer as well as the company.
Had the factory Rep come down, showed him this problem and he sow nothing they would do. Showed him my outside Mirror which raddled, he said they would not repair that either, can you imagine a three year old car at any price with a mirror that rattles and the factory telling you to fix it yourself.
I have a few friends who can afford to purchase this price range and have surely turned them off from considering an Aston garbage.
Thank you for your suggestions , I have had very good service from a local place who know both how to repair cars And customer service ( Carriage House Motors in Greenwich). When I get a chance I will take it in and give Zane your suggestions.
Thank You,
Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
he response they gave you is unacceptable. before we relied only on what the ecu told us we would use o'scopes and read the graph to help pinpoint a problem. Some people don't want to put the effort in to do a good job nowadays

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a few friends who can afford to purchase this price range and have surely turned them off from considering an Aston garbage.
Well, well, well. The hesitation happens each time and the dealer tells you to hold the brake for a minute to 'reset' it? Does this actually work? If it doesn't why not email Aston Martin directly and ask them for a solution. Then you can wave the reply under the dealer's nose. That might give you some satisfaction.
On the other hand though, if this is a 'normal' situation, there seems little you can do. I do not understand why they say the mirror is your responsibility unless they believe you have broken it (or someone has accidentally knocked it). Or is it the case that you have been very forceful in your attempts to get the situation sorted and they do not like your approach?

While you may be upset I really think you are out of order using the terminology quoted above. After all, you bought the brand and it is to be hoped you did your homework before buying? Presumably you believed an Aston Martin was a great car or you would not have bought it? Now, just because the dealer cannot or will not fix your car, it is called 'garbage'.

There must be another dealer somewhere you can go to. They are not the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2007 Vantage that hesitates/stutters

So happy, got rid of my Aston Martin and all the Sales people of Aston.
Good Bye Good riddance. Replaced it with a Bentley Continental and have had nothing but pleasure....and that includes sales /service people.

gary

·
Registered
41 Posts
So happy, got rid of my Aston Martin and all the Sales people of Aston.
Good Bye Good riddance. Replaced it with a Bentley Continental and have had nothing but pleasure....and that includes sales /service people.

gary
So why are you still here?????????????:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts