Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
ive just purchased a Nov 2009 Vantage and wondered kit/cable I would need to connect and play the media from my samsung phone through the infotainment system.
Any help would be appreciated
Many Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
The chaps at Aston Installations seem to be the new go-to, using the OEM screen and head unit to enable Apple CarPlay and more basic music streaming options in the Vantage (and other models).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ,
ive just purchased a Nov 2009 Vantage and wondered kit/cable I would need to connect and play the media from my samsung phone through the infotainment system.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ,
Many Thanks
i installed the "Mr12volt" device in my 2007 vantage (100-150USD). there are a couple of youtube videos that can be of some assistance in installation. involved a little disassembly of the center console to get to the cd player's optical connector, removal of the "waterfall" and choosing an acceptable (to you) 12v DC unswitched power source. I spliced into the center console cigarette lighter wires. i don't have the nav screen in my car so i stuffed the little black box under the "waterfall". works wonderfully.
however, a much simpler and less expensive solution is to buy a bluetooth FM transmitter. clever little device if you can find a consistently unused fm frequency in your area. i bought one for my 2001 ram truck (google it if you had never heard of them, like me) and the sound quality is fine AFAIC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Colin

I have a 2006 V8V with OEM iPod connection in the glove box. It is an old 30 pin connecter so my options were limited.

I tried a number of options but the best one that worked for me was to plug a Bluetooth receiver into the OEM system via the 30 pin connector and then link my phone via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth phone would suffice and you should be able to operate the controls via the car controls. There are plenty of low rent Bluetooth receiver is out there but none of them work for me. What I should've done from the off, and I eventually did, was buy a bovee 1000.

I have to say I am absolutely delighted with it.

Not sure if that is of any help but if you have the OEM iPod connection this may be the best route if you want to avoid cost and that non gem look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts