Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did many searches various forums..... no luck finding my particular issue discussed.
Vehicle battery died in my 2011 V8V. After replacing it I have "Tire System Fault" in the info display, and the yellow tire icon lit up constantly. Put 332 miles on the car since the battery replacement and it will not reset. I'm getting pressure readings from all 4 tires, so it appears the system is working. The fault message and yellow tire icon just won't go away. Resetting a TPMS fault is not addressed in the owners manual. The car has 8,643 miles on it.
I've seen posts addressing issues with the Smart Tire system, but my car has the newer system.
Any ideas, or am I looking at a trip to the dealer to have it cleared?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going by the age of your vehicle, I would suggest you replace all four sensors. The batteries are most likely dead.

I had the same issue with my car. System would show tire pressure reading, but the light would always be on. Changed out all four sensors and the light turned off.

It’s an age related problem, my car only had 4900 miles on the clock, but due to age (2012) it was time. I also plugged in a scanner and it read that the TPMS batteries were all at zero percent.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going by the age of your vehicle, I would suggest you replace all four sensors. The batteries are most likely dead.

I had the same issue with my car. System would show tire pressure reading, but the light would always be on. Changed out all four sensors and the light turned off.

It’s an age related problem, my car only had 4900 miles on the clock, but due to age (2012) it was time. I also plugged in a scanner and it read that the TPMS batteries were all at zero percent.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that does help a lot. I am indeed proceeding with replacing the sensor batteries, and assuming for now that the TPMS fault coinciding with replacement of the main battery are unrelated. Thank you for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts