Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2012 v12 Vantage Carbon black edition. I live in Canada, and store it in a heated garage all winter. It has very low kms (8000 ish). This year when spring started I took it out as usual and it was starting up no problem. Noticed the battery was struggling with starter a bit, but it fired up so fast, battery didnt have a chance to die. Fast forward a few weeks of starting and minor drives, and the battery isnt holding charge to start anymore. I purchased a replacement battery, removed the extremely difficult to access old battery, and when trying to install new battery, I notice the new battery wont fit (size wise) in the battery compartment. I re install old battery, and button everything up again, charge the battery, but now the car wont start. Its cranking over no problem, but wont ignite. While hooked up to booster, ive held down ingition for decent periods of time, but she wont spark. At one point an error popped up saying "check battery disconnect" but that line of googling has led me to believe this dosnt exist on this car, as well as no mention in the manual. As well, looking at the 2006-2009 cars that have disconnects and reconnect switches, it appears the car shouldnt even crank. Im not mechanically ignorant, and I the battery replacement in what i believe is the correct order, so im confused what could have happened. It was a 10 min procedure. Unless removing and reconnecting the battery blew the fuel pump or something, im stumped. I was wondering if there is some security or digital tech that wont allow ignition for some reason. Any ideas would be helpful as I live about 8 hrs away from the nearest city with a mechanic that I would even trust to wrench on it. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts