Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
08 Maserati GT 4.2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m currently over on the Maserati life forums, as I own a GT. However, I’ve pondered about getting into a 14 Vanquish for some time , and I’m a little set back with how inactive the forums are in comparison to Lamborghini-talk, ferrari chat and the Maserati life.

I plan to do a lot of maintenance myself and it was either this or a LP 560-4; which has a plethora of info on it on the forums + I even have a full workshop manual on it! (Also have one for my GT).

I was hoping to see a little more engagement here, but I guess it’s a more niche mark. Does anyone have access to the workshop manuals or have much experience doing most of the DIY items on the v12/vanquish? I’m also curious to see if anyone ends up developing Iron conversion rotors to replace the carbons in the future.

I don’t imagine the mated v6 duratecs are impossibly hard to work on, and I’ve watched Tavarish do some work on his DBS, but I don’t think I could own one of these without a workshop manual to guide me in the right direction.

Appreciate any info!

Thanks,

Troy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m currently over on the Maserati life forums, as I own a GT. However, I’ve pondered about getting into a 14 Vanquish for some time , and I’m a little set back with how inactive the forums are in comparison to Lamborghini-talk, ferrari chat and the Maserati life.

I plan to do a lot of maintenance myself and it was either this or a LP 560-4; which has a plethora of info on it on the forums + I even have a full workshop manual on it! (Also have one for my GT).

I was hoping to see a little more engagement here, but I guess it’s a more niche mark. Does anyone have access to the workshop manuals or have much experience doing most of the DIY items on the v12/vanquish? I’m also curious to see if anyone ends up developing Iron conversion rotors to replace the carbons in the future.

I don’t imagine the mated v6 duratecs are impossibly hard to work on, and I’ve watched Tavarish do some work on his DBS, but I don’t think I could own one of these without a workshop manual to guide me in the right direction.

Appreciate any info!

Thanks,

Troy
I own a workshop manual for my 2014 Vanquish, but it doesn't have an index. That being said, I believe it is complete otherwise. It's broken down into sections. I also have a V8 Vantage workshop manual that gives me some insight into the Vanquish Workshop Manual sections. I have a two post lift and can do oil changes and light maintenance, but really haven't had any issues that required work except a battery. The brake rotors and pads are carbon fiber and will never wear out with the few miles I put on it. As far as forums, there are two others that I frequent, Aston Martin - Page 1 - PistonHeads UK and Aston Martin - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource.

·
Registered
08 Maserati GT 4.2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own a workshop manual for my 2014 Vanquish, but it doesn't have an index. That being said, I believe it is complete otherwise. It's broken down into sections. I also have a V8 Vantage workshop manual that gives me some insight into the Vanquish Workshop Manual sections. I have a two post lift and can do oil changes and light maintenance, but really haven't had any issues that required work except a battery. The brake rotors and pads are carbon fiber and will never wear out with the few miles I put on it. As far as forums, there are two others that I frequent, Aston Martin - Page 1 - PistonHeads UK and Aston Martin - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource.
thanks for the reply, I was finally able to get my hands on a workshop manual/wiring diagram/bulletins for the 14 vanquish; about 4000 or so pages.

I actually spent a few hours and made a table of contents for it myself one day! Pays to know where To look lol.

Thats good to hear about thelight maintenance, these cars seem pretty decent, especially if your able to do all the work yourself!

Troy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts