Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 DB9, Tungsten Silver w/ Kestrel Tan interior. 2020 Vantage coupe, Lime Essence w/ Obsidian int.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I have owned a 2005 DB9 for a couple of years and was lucky enough to purchase a second Aston just before Christmas 2021. The new one is a 2020 Vantage and I love it. However I inherited a niggly problem with a non-functioning windscreen washer. I was hoping that it was just a fuse, but I cannot see a separate fuse for the washer pump (?) So I will probably try and find the pump location and give it an inspection. Has anybody done any work on the pump? Do you know if there is indeed a fuse?
I will attach photos of my Astons below. I look forward to visiting the forum in the future. Stay safe.
Tire Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2005 DB9, Tungsten Silver w/ Kestrel Tan interior. 2020 Vantage coupe, Lime Essence w/ Obsidian int.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on my washer issue: I managed to locate all but one of the fuse boxes on the Vantage and did a continuity check on every single fuse! All were good. There remains a fuse box shown in the owners manual as being under the dash.... but I could not find one in that location with easy access, so I assumed that my rogue fuse might be in that box. The next morning I was backing out of the garage and thought "....why not give it a try again?" And low and behold the windshield was splooshed with a wave of water from all available nozzles! The button on the end of the wiper stalk needs a really firm push to compress it past an initial resistance.... Apparently I had not been aggressive enough with the button. D'oh! 😳 Anyhow, I am now intimately familiar with the majority of my fuse and relay locations and have a spotless windscreen (I'm English 💂‍♀️....)

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I first got my Vantage, I had a similar problem with my washer. It only seemed to work intermittently. In reality, I just needed to learn to press the button firmly and consistently. Works well now that I have been trained.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I first got my Vantage, I had a similar problem with my washer. It only seemed to work intermittently. In reality, I just needed to learn to press the button firmly and consistently. Works well now that I have been trained.
Thanks for the response..... I guess this was a classic case of ..."Don't force it; use a bigger hammer."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts