Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted a new article going thought a number of insights and an analysis of Aston Martin's 2021 results:

Thoughts on how Aston Martin is doing and what their future looks like?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks. I enjoy your comments and insights.

I listened to the call. It certainly appeared that Stroll was defensive and cranky, to put it nicely. Nothing confidence inspiring about it. The whole thing had a “ fake it till you make it” tone to me. To paraphrase Stroll…”and we are not going to make cheap, shitty cars anymore. Everything is going to be better and more expensive.”

Personally I like the design and daily ability of the Vantage over the Ferrari Roma but it must irk Aston/ Stroll that the Roma looks a quite a bit like an Aston, in many ways is functionally comparable, but Ferrari can charge an extra $100k and get such high praise from the auto industry.

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I enjoy your comments and insights.

I listened to the call. It certainly appeared that Stroll was defensive and cranky, to put it nicely. Nothing confidence inspiring about it. The whole thing had a “ fake it till you make it” tone to me. To paraphrase Stroll…”and we are not going to make cheap, shitty cars anymore. Everything is going to be better and more expensive.”

Personally I like the design and daily ability of the Vantage over the Ferrari Roma but it must irk Aston/ Stroll that the Roma looks a quite a bit like an Aston, in many ways is functionally comparable, but Ferrari can charge an extra $100k and get such high praise from the auto industry.
I am sure the Roma has really irritated Aston. It is the car they should have made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts