Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to figger out wich car this is and for who it was build.
judging at the bodywork that has the be from the 1950's and the styling is also defenitly Vignale, and you can still make out his logo on the fender
the car is also wearing a CD plate, so i assume it was made for a royal? but who and wich model is this to be correct??

apparently i can't add attachements yet, so i post it like this then

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reply from Neil Murray, AMOC Archivist:
This is most exasperating! Yes it is one of 'ours'. LML-802 and yes by Vignale. Originally ordered by the King Baudoudin of Belgium but he did not take delivery. The build sheet records that it actually went to R. Feldheim of Brussels, who we believe was the diplomat, but am checking on that. Next it went to T.R. Mottershead, RCAF in Metz, Moselle, France. Then to Roland Wommack Alexandria, Virginia and then Steve Serio in 1991 and also in 1991 P. Cowan in Guernsey Channel Islands, who, I believe was restoring it, because I have some pics taken about then with the paint stripped off. I have just read that a model in 1/43 scale has been made of it with a comment that a pic of the car showed CD plates!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks amdb4
1st one major thing
It's Boudewijn, not baudoudin
and i didn't knew that he didn't took delivery, but still cool that it came to Belgium
altough the CD sticker does reffer to Corps Diplomatique, but that place isn't belgian, it's french, and green with black letters does mean diplomatique license plate

do you happen to have more pics of this car?

and also wich company is making that scale model?

oh and what's the correct model name of this car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts