Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, I'm new here and just thought I'd post a quick note inquiring if anyone is getting or driven a V12 Vantage? I've left a deposit at my dealer and I'm very excited about this car!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered one back in June. I expect deliver around Halloween. I have a modded V8 now and I am eager to get the new car. I am rooting for a mild fall and winter. I've driven the car and am amazed by the combo of balance and power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great jaymoney!!! You'll have to post pics when you get your car. I drove the carbon black edition last week and it was amazing. My plan is to order my car next July (when the 2012's come out) and take deliver in November.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's great jaymoney!!! You'll have to post pics when you get your car. I drove the carbon black edition last week and it was amazing. My plan is to order my car next July (when the 2012's come out) and take deliver in November.
Keep in touch with your dealer as time goes along. I was told that there was going to be a set number of these coming to the US. I know that we have heard this before but Aston has a complete re-do in 2013-14. They may only run a year or 2. The other thing is that in the spring, when they announced the V12's release in the US, the buying interest wasn't as robust as it has been after the car made it's way around to the dealers. My car was the only order that my dealer had until July. Now they have 5-6 and don't have another spot open until late spring of 11. I'm sure that there will be used cars available but who knows when and how it will be appointed. I know I sound like a dealer but it really is an amazing car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good advice. When I left my deposit back in July I was the 6th person to do so. The dealer just got the carbon black demo making it's way around the country last week and I went over and drove it and really solidified my desire to have this car. I'd been debating a used F430, or maybe even holding out a few years for a 458 (out of my price range), but after driving it I knew this was the car for me. since then I've talked to the dealer about once a month just to make sure I don't get lost in the shuffle. What color combo did you get?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lightning silver with Lord's red hide and black carpets. I passes on the alcantara. I have a friend who has a Lambo with alcantara and after 2500 miles it is showing wear on the steering wheel and his seat looks different from the passenger side. I love the way it looks and feels but I figured it may be safer to go with the leather. Plus, AM leather is amazing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet....I hope you post some pics when you get it. Right now I'm leaning towards Tungsten with black upper leather, and for the seats, but with sandstone lower leather and sandstone carpets. Oh yeah..and silver stitching on the black dash and seats. I completely agree with you on the alcantara. I didn't like how the steering wheel felt in the carbon black model I drove and the wear on the seats does worry me as well. If I were to take the car to the track the alcantara would be nice because it does keep you in place. But for the street I'm a leather guy all the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm new here too! I have just taken delivery of a 2010 V12V with 4000Kms but have already given it back with a faulty clutch...it was making a noise that sounded like the clutch was slipping. AM can back with a limp excuse that it was a clutch Squawk and should be expected.
Has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Guys, I'm new here too! I have just taken delivery of a 2010 V12V with 4000Kms but have already given it back with a faulty clutch...it was making a noise that sounded like the clutch was slipping. AM can back with a limp excuse that it was a clutch Squawk and should be expected.

thanks
That's kind of scary.....so what are you going to do?

·
Registered
68 Posts

thanks
Strange things... never heard of the issue (although manual V8s in some cases to have transmission linkage problems, but i doubt this is the case)

So it was not a brand new car you got?
Then I would take a guess at the clutch being worn out by the previous owner (who decided to thrash it for a while) and sold it after having the fun...
Hence it was sold so early....
That is the best chase scenario if true, I doubt fixing it is an expensive job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well.....At least the bulletin was issued soon after the release of the car. That would tend to suggest it is something that was noted during development and testing of the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts