Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That multiplier seems to be at least 5x too high.

Would be great if BMW or VAG got involved, those are about the only two brands I can think of that would do justice to AM.

Lets cross our fingers and see what happens...

·
Registered
14 Posts
i wonder how those luxury brands can even run aston martin; R&D will be going backwards... but really, they have too much money.

i agree that BMW would be a good potential buyer.
VAG... i don't know. the recent Bentley products are ugly.

·
Super Moderator
386 Posts
This is a really interesting situation. Ford apparently is valuing Aston at close to $2 billion. One Investment Bank put a value closer to $400 million on Aston. Given the thin profitability and sales number the second number is probably much closer to reality. I do hope that experienced "car people" who understand both the engineering and financial aspects of the business end up buying Aston. I would see both Porsche and Lotus (Proton) as good choices. Worst case would be a similar situation to what happened with TVR.

I find it quite interesting that they are not selling Aston and Jaguar as a package. Jaguars financial problems are the likely reason. As a package the value is probably $1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.