Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2012 Vantage and today neither key fob will unlock the car. I tried changing the battery in one of them but it still did not work. The clock inside seems to still be running so I don't think it is the car battery? Any ideas??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Visit a dealer!

A key fob has 2 components. First one is a circuit board which controls the central locking and the second one is a small five sided black lump which is the transponder that talks to the ignition.

Its highly likely that you car has lost the ability to read what circuit board broadcasts and to run the TC (I assume you’re spinning the wheels without lighting up the TC light on the dash). I’d guess it needs some software fix, but beyond that no idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also recently bought a 2012 Vantage and today no key will unlock the car. I tried changing the battery in one of them but it still isn't working. The clock inside appears to be still working, so I don't think it's the car battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.