Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've long dreamed of buying an Aston and while I've decent savings I can't really justify spending $80-120k on a car, unless I think of it in terms of "cashflow" not "spend".

I'm interested in anything from a 2006 DB9 Volante to a 2014 Vanquish Volante, including DBS , and Virage Convertible models.

I'd likely be using it infrequently, perhaps running up 2000 miles in a year, and I'm likely to move to another country and sell it in 2-3 years. Aware maintenance is expensive and any issues are very expensive, and I'm at peace with that.

With this in mind, is their a particular model ( model year) you'd guess would be especially quick or slow to depreciate. Part of me thinks a 2010 DBS could even increase in value?

As a rule ( with this aim) would a higher milage newer car, or a mint,hardly used much older car better? I can see a totally pristine 2005 DB9 with 9,000 miles for $45k, and seems impossible to think with 14,000 miles in 2023 that would be worth less than $30k?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.