Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a very clean 2009 DB9. I must say this car is MUCH faster than the 2005s and 2006s on the market that I have driven. I've had it for about 2 weeks. It starts immediately, runs extremely quietly - no ticks, rattles or anything! You can't even hear the car running, honestly until you rev. Considering the car has 120,000 miles on it, it's very impressive. It is the most solid 120K mile car I've ever driven.

Well today I got the flash of "low coolant level" so I opened up the hood to check for any leaks. That's when I noticed a nightmare. The crank pulley has a slight wobble! Not enough to cause any vibration but it's there and you can see it making the tensioner wobble slightly also.

My mind has shifted away from a simple coolant issue - I need to know if this is characteristic of the pulley needing replacement or something more serious. I know this pulley has the harmonic balancer built-in, so it could be thrown off center from the old rubber, which indicates an immediate replacement needed.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know much about Aston Martins but if your harmonic balancer is wobbling then in all honesty i wouldn't drive it and would get the balancer replaced immediately, i'm pretty certain this could lead to perhaps crankshaft bearing issues, which is obviously much worse than a coolant level issue. I hope it's not burning coolant also, please if you can show a video of what's happening with the pulleys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts