Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends: I'm looking into buying my second Aston Martin. First one was from a dealer within reasonable driving distance. Second one is from an apparent reputable Aston Martin dealer, just not a reasonable driving distance from me. Not sure I want to make the trip, or drive the car that distance, and it is advertised as Timeless CPO. Considering just buying it and having it shipped, although that makes me very nervous. Can someone tell me:

1. How common do people buy like that -- not going to see/drive it?
2. Are there specific terms I need to look at when hiring a transport?
3. How often do dealers pay for that?
4. Is there a preferred/trusted transporter that is also reasonable priced (car will either be coming from East Coast or Florida to Midwest USA).
5. What is "Timeless Certified Pre-Owned"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased two Aston's sight unseen from Aston dealers and both times I didn't have any major problems. The first car arrived with an interior bulb out and a seat that needed two pins installed, but the selling dealer paid for the repairs.

1. If you know someone who is knowledgeable about cars and they live nearby have them look/drive the car for you. Or have a club member near the car look at it for you.
2. The selling dealer will recommend a shipping company or you can hire one.
3. Dealers don't pay for shipping that's on the buyer.
4. Dealers use only trusted transport companies - at least in my case.
5. That's Aston's extended warranty.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.