Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi every body, a lot of cars now days have a LED on it.

Can we install it in the Aston Martin DB9
I see what you mean, you probably want to install the LEDs so that it would flow with the car's lines (for instance the front splitter/lip)...

I might be mistaken (correct me if I am wrong), but his is being done to customize the look of the car (make it look distinct) as well as for other aesthetic purposes (mainly or completely aesthetic)...

I would try to reconsider the situation, because none of the three generations of DB9 (2004,2009, 2011) have an LED lamp, so you can not opt for interchangeable parts from other generation 9's (I believe yours is first gen), or the DBS...

The V8 Vantage, being the later car (2005,2009) does have front LEDs but they are integrated into the headlamps, so yuo will not be able to source form that.

The only thing that is left is then to install these manually, this would be a VERY hard job to integrate the LEDs manually into the front lip and preserve the lines of the car. You can attach them in other places, without altering the front bodywork too much (without having a close fit with the body panels), but I doubt it will give the effect you are looking for.

And you might change your mind at some point after installing them and will want to go back to original look. However the car's bodywork would be altered by then.

If you are confident that you would want the LEDs, then it will be better to go ahead...
All im saying is that it will take a lot of time and work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Serega91 for your advice, I don't think its will be easy saw just cancel the idea.
but is there any lamp can be fit there (the vanquish get one)?
i will not install it, just asking.
I am really not sure if ANY lamp can fit in the side vents as they are (Is that the place you're asking about?),

The earlier cars (Vanquish and DB7 V12) had antifogs on the front (the circular lights)... But their front pieces (bumpers) (on both of these cars) are much larger than the ones on the DB9 and would not fit readily...

The job of fitting lights on the bumper can be made simpler by ordering a custom bumper, or getting one supplied by an aftermarket tuner (for instance Mansory offers an aftermarket DB9 bumper with lamp clusters)

I also feel like it would be easier to install LEDs on the central scoop of the front lip rather on the small side scoops.

Bit off topic...
I have also witnessed that relatively large objects (even small stones) can break antifog lamps or any lamps installed in the general area on several premium cars... I have yet to hear a complaint coming from a DB7/vanquish owner, but I am certain that such cases did happen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks a lot man,

the AM factory should make one!! maybe.

keep the car as it beautiful view better than modify it.
No problem :)

Personally, I think the car is as good as it is (in terms of the exterior). At some point I was thinking that the DBS clear rear lights and diffuser would improve the looks of the DB9 a lot. I changed my mind though, these cars have different natures.

Since the V8V has the LEDs (because these are relatively new) the replacement for DB9 (project VH500) could use these. I am not sure though how similar the replacement would be (as that will come in at least 2-3 years) and if there would be any interchangeable parts...

Lastly, the DB9 is (in my opinion) one of the better cars in its class to date (despite being slightly aging), and it could resell very well in several years after being replaced... so I would be very hard-pressed to change anything about it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts