Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member and a new owner of a DB7. I have some questions, please? Should the aerial rise when the ignition is on, as mine doesn`t? My car has a small crack/hole in the inner sill: could anyone recommend a welder, please? My cassette player does not work and the car needs a rubber window seal, but otherwise it is good, touch wood! Can anyone point me towards garages who might help me resolve these issues, please? I am based between Walsall and Lichfield. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the party! What took you so long? On my 2001 DB7 VV12 the antenna comes up based on the radio being on or off when the ignition is on...your results may vary. If you are unsure, open the boot, turn the car and radio on and listen to the antenna...see if its trying to do anything. If no noise, check for power. If noise, often the little plastic strip has failed...shafts are easy DIY repairs. astonmartinbits.com is your friend in either case and is also the spot for window rubber and the cassette player (get ready to have your wallet rocked for the latter...just dented for the former). However, the far more important part is the sill. That comprises what passes as a frame for the car and I've heard some had rust problems. I'm an ocean away, so not familiar with whom to suggest for you locally, but any collision repair shop should be able to give it a close look and give you an idea of whether its a quick fix or something more involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Thank you so much for your answer. I think I shall go back to the garage and ask if the crack in the inner sill can be repaired under the guarantee.
Thank you.
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts