Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several inquiries about my 2007 V8 Vantage and some ask about the life-expectancy on the clutch. Is there a general idea of the mileage one can expect for it with normal use?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi TGE - my 2010 roadster has 37K on it and the clutch is just now beginning to slip. My mechanic - a certified former AM dealer technician - says we can expect 30K miles easy unless we do hard driving all the time. I only occasionally drive mine hard. No track days for me either. He says that if I replace it with a new dual-plate clutch (instead of the stock single plate) that I could expect double the life - and easier starts. He's charging me about $6K for a double-plate with installation. Shouldn't have to replace it again as I drive about 5K miles annually. I plan on keeping the car for about as long as I drive since I absolutely LOVE it. It's been great. Only other issue; O2 sensors. The upstream ones tend to go bad. About $ 210 each (you can buy them from redpants.lol, a GREAT site to visit. You can replace them yourself if you're relatively handy with a wrench. A little bit of a pain to get to - and a tedious replacement - but satisfying to accomplish. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a manual 2007 Vantage from new until last June when I sold it to a friend after purchasing a DBS. The car currently has over 81,000 miles on the original clutch which is still going strong and showing no signs of wearing out. Maybe I (and my friend) were (are) lucky with the clutch in this particular car, but that is my experience. Frankly, I am very pleasantly surprised. As you can tell by the mileage, that car was no garage queen and it gets thoroughly, though responsibly (no wheelspinning standing starts or city traffic clutch riding) wrung out when driven.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just fitted the Velocity AP twin disc setup to my 07 v8. This was the third clutch so two single disc replacements in 36k miles. Roughly 15k each. I’ve seen a few go in 15k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my 07 from the original owner with 21k miles. The clutch had been changes about 1k ago to an AMR set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts