Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
New to forum - about to take delivery of an ‘07 AM Vantage V8 with full AMSH and low mileage - but no sat nav.
What would approx cost be to for sat nav to be fitted through proper AM dealer - most likely AM Works in Newport Pagnell?
Rough ideas welcome!
Cheers
Rcotti

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't waste your time and your money just get a nice strong study mobile phone mount. Use Google map or whatever u like its better and updated always.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what altawashm said...

a couple months ago i took a 5000 mile cross-country trip in my 11,000 mile 2007 vantage v8. it did NOT come with a navigation system, which is what i preferred. no point in having a POS nav screen cluttering up the dash, IMO. the google maps app was fine and it took voice commands like: "hey google, navigate barstow california".

but first to answer your question.... i don't know what it would cost, but i do know that it will cost about 10 times the cost to have an aston martin dealership do it than it would to do it yourself. that i do know. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found factory navigation system to work ok. I have upgraded the nav unit with the latest nav disc. But get to proper Volvo update disc for 1/3 the price. The problem is the unit has so many sub menus it takes forever to finally get done what you want.
As a retired law enforcement investigator I would suggest you do not put your home address in the nav unit. You can always put an address that ends 1/2 a mile or so from your home. Some car thieves will go to the nav unit and fine home on the unit and go to your home. They will use the garage opener if have a garage the enter your home. Just a FYI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts