Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Alll.

I love AM.... and I'd like to know witch car you think is more DD

Vantage V8
or
DB9
or
Vantage V12

I think that because the DB9 is a GT car you can use it more as a DD than the sportivic agressive Vantage V8 and the Cantage V12 is just 100% agressive.

What do you think?

Nicco
PRESTIGA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most people I've talked to....

prefer the DB9 as a daily driver, although some wanted a sports-car DD and preferred the Vantage. I asked the very same question on a few forums before purchasing my '09 DB9 as my DD. Some of the feedback I got included:

1. The V12 in the DB9 offers a great combination of power on demand but from a very smooth platform - the hallmark of a V12 and a source of real appeal for the DB9. This might also apply to the V12V, but see #2 below.

2. The Vantage is agreed by most everyone to be a great sports car with a superb engine note, but one that some might find exhausting to drive daily as even in the "manu-matic", there is greater sense of gear travel to and fro. I found this to be true myself after driving several Vantages. They have greater cargo room and marvelous acceleration but should not be mistaken for a GT. They simply do not handle similarly. The DB9 automatic, however, is very much a GT feel - you can put the car in full automatic, listen to the purr/roar of the V12, and relax

Good luck. I just took delivery of my DB9 (sports pack included) and of course, am completely in love with it. Happy to report back as I drive it daily.

Best,
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I recently boght a 2001 vantage v12 automatic. I drive it daily and am very satisfied. Front shocks were up-graded to GT spec several years ago. Tight handling, smooth powerful engine (no knocks, mis-fires or check engine lights). This is a big, heavy car. Very comfortable on the highway (I cover about 80 highway miles per day). If I did more city driving I might want a lighter, shorter wheel-base car for better cut and thrust in traffic. I am very happy with this car and recomend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a V8V and I drive it daily to the office - well, when the Colorado weather permits me to ;-) I've been driving it in sub-32F temps with summer tires, and it's all good. The summer tires lose grip in that temp range, but not dramatically (although it's not being driven hard).

No issues whatsoever driving it on a daily basis. It's comfortable, visibility is excellent, clutch isn't too heavy, and gearing is fine.

·
Super Moderator
364 Posts
I recently bought a V8V and I drive it daily to the office - well, when the Colorado weather permits me to ;-) I've been driving it in sub-32F temps with summer tires, and it's all good. The summer tires lose grip in that temp range, but not dramatically (although it's not being driven hard).

No issues whatsoever driving it on a daily basis. It's comfortable, visibility is excellent, clutch isn't too heavy, and gearing is fine.
Great to hear. Do be careful on the summer tires in temps anywhere near freezing though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts