Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"So here we are having this debate on a good project car for the future, Someone mentions the existence of this site and here I am"....

No question, I am a Jaguar fan, Love the stories of older Jags doing the business in Arnage, particularly impressed with the tale of Duncan Hamilton & Tony Rolt in '53, (If you haven't read it - buy Touchwood! from Adrian Hamilton, Duncan's son...Fabulous Read...)

http://www.duncanhamilton.com/

Now to the question...Bearing in mind that this is an AM site, I've been looking for a reasonable project car, Something I can tinker with, and add value too, (I'm a reasonable spanner man), What would be better? Jaguar XK 140/150 or AM DB4/6, Reason I left out DB 5 is I percieve them to be to expensive already.

Best Regards,

Argento

PS - Let's not get into the Volante / DHC debate just yet, I'm looking at Coupe versions only for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have restored all of the above both Jaguar and Aston. The Jaguar would be far easier because of the straight forward body/ frame and sheetmetal. The engine is far cheaper because of the availablilty of parts from many different sources. The interiors are far cheaper/easier for the same reason which the Astons are hand stitched (which we do). The Jaguars are more plentiful and beautiful in their own rights but sorry they are not Astons!
Tom Z.
www.coolcatz.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.