Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's a good question - one I'd like to know the answer to as well. It's a reasonably modern car and should be as reliable as any other car from its era (with the usual caveats regarding small run, hand built cars). It certainly can't be any worse than some modern Mercedes I've had experience with!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Boxer said:
I am now seeing early DB7's advertised in the UK in the low GBP 30k's.
That is the one thing that would concern me when buying an Aston Martin. Despite their low production numbers and extreme high sticker price they do not seem to hold their value at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DB7 can and is used as a daily driver, maintenance costs can be high, especially in the V12.The suspension and air conditioning on these cars are a straight lift from the Jag XJS, which makes them around35 years old. Having said that its a great looking car with powertrain components that dont wear out as a rule.As far as DB9 going soft is concerned, who has actually driven one, because as far as Im concerned softer is better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Db7 - daily driver

I bought a DB7 and used it as a daily driver. Actually ended up doing over 7000 miles in 16 weeks. It is a great car, beautiful to drive and with a sports exhaust - always sure to make an entrance!!
Though as earlier reported, i found that the only problem is that although my car was only 2 years old, daily use did highlite the shortcomings of this car due to age of the parts design. Had problems with the electrics, a/c unit feeder pipes getting blocked, an unexplained watre leak leading to a weekend off the alarm shorting and going off constantly!!
All said and done, I never regret buying the DB7 or using it everyday. It was something to always look forward to at thebeginning and end of the working day. I enjoyed it so much that I upgraded to a DB9, which again I am using as a daily driver.

My advice, buy one, you'll never regret the experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DB7 vs DB9

This comes down to money essential. Also you can only compare the DB9 against the DB7 vantage - no point talking about DB7 V6 in this comparison.

There is a world of difference in the actual build of the cars - the DB9 with its aluminium body and chasis is miles ahead in performance, handling, and reduced weight. The interior is beautifully updated in the DB9 whilst in keeping with Aston and DB7 tradition. Unfortunately, the DB7 model, even the late ones which have all the mod cons, suffer from a tired & dated look. Though if you compare it to other cars, the DB7 interior is still quite beautiful, with quality up there with the current top marques.

In summary, the DB9 is a car for the 21st century and is all Aston Martin! My advice save your money for the DB9 and don't lose it on buying a DB7 and then have it depreciate it as I have done. Now that I have the DB9, I am truly happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do people keep referring to the 3.2 DB7 as a "V6"??

Surely on a Aston Martin forum people should know that these cars are supercharged straight (in-line) sixes - especially people who are supposed to have owned them AND a DB9????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts