Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The keys have a chip. The DB7 uses the Ford PATS ignition anti-theft system. If you have two working keys you program it to accept a new key. If you do not you will need to have a dealer program the system to recognize the chip in the key. I am not sure if the chips can fail. Anyway, I know this because I recently bought a DB7 that had only one key and had to go through Aston Martin in the UK and an Aston dealer to get additional keys and have them programmed. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The keys have a chip. The DB7 uses the Ford PATS ignition anti-theft system. If you have two working keys you program it to accept a new key. If you do not you will need to have a dealer program the system to recognize the chip in the key. I am not sure if the chips can fail. Anyway, I know this because I recently bought a DB7 that had only one key and had to go through Aston Martin in the UK and an Aston dealer to get additional keys and have them programmed. Good luck!
Hi Motrophile, I have the same problem, I have only one key. So if I go to an Aston Martin dealer they should be able to make new keys? thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts