Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to buy a green 2003 DB7 convertible 12cyl, 24,000 miles, 2previous owners. Convertible needs a pump and a/c needs work.
What maintenance issues & costs should I expect ??? $$$ ???

· Registered
34 Posts
I would take the car in for a Pre-purchase inspection. You have no idea the number of current or potential maintenance issues you will have with a nearly 20-year-old car. Take the car to an Indpendent Aston Mechanic (best) or a local Aston Dealer (OK). Remember, Beauty may be only Skin deep

· Registered
5 Posts
The AC isn’t special, however if your tech isn’t careful he can arc the battery cable just behind it and smoke a wiring harness…ask how I know. Figure under a grand even if you have compressor issues…add $10-15k if you melt the harness. The convertible top isn’t magic either but before you start replacing things check that the bypass switch on the pump isn’t set to manual. Seems like they were Jag rams, but a pump wasn’t ridiculous…maybe $500? Plugs, gaskets, every 15k…couple of grand max with oil service. Maybe add new coils every 30k -another couple grand. At 40/50k put GT springs and replacement Konis front and rear with poly bushings…huge improvement. 4 O2 sensors every once in a while, couple hundred bucks. Drivability reward…top down, foot in the V12 on a mountain road with your smoking hot wife in the passenger seat, the sounds what Handel was searching for in ‘Alleluia’…priceless. Magical car.

Watch for rusted door sills and firewall frame and/or ticking V12 when hot both nearly unfixable. Get a stainless x brace for the rear axle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts