Aston Martin Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi devilspns:

Honestly I think the product number difference has to do with the size only. I found this link which shows the gallon size:

And be sure to check out its number of 5 star ratings!! 10,266 folks can't all be wrong! Even more than before!! LOL! Also shows 436 questions answered as well. I have 2 quarts of the stuff sitting in my garage right now which I use in my DB7VV gasoline/petrol everytime I fill up. This was before I knew there was/is a gallon size available. I have no doubt it's the same, just a larger size. Once you start using it in your Aston you'll never stop, trust me it's really that good. After, I had my fuel injectors professionally cleaned I was told to install and use them right away and to avoid letting them sit on the shelf due to a potential for sticking . But circumstances beyond my control prevented this (needed new cam cover gaskets from England) so once they were installed I got a couple of misfires causing a CEL light to come on, which I'm certain were caused by sticking injectors.
I then added the Lucas fuel treatment to my fuel and the problem went away and has never returned since! There are 3 things that are essential to prevent 'CEL' lights from popping up in the DB7: No Vacuum Leaks, No sticking fuel injectors, and a battery that's at 100% of its charge. My DB7 runs beautifully and is such a joy to drive when all 12 cylinders are firing as they should!

Kind regards,

johnfe
Hello John,
Was wondering about the amount to put into tank,not
much help on container !!!

Syd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Syd:

First off I would imagine your gas tank size would be different than mine. My owners manual says my Vantage Volante holds 21.7 us gallons of petrol. On the Lucas container I have it says to add 3 oz to every 10 gallons of petrol with the caveat that going over the limit of Lucas added, will not hurt the motor. So dividing 3 oz by 10 gallons shows me that for every 1 gallon of petrol they recommend adding 0.3 oz of Lucas which is important because when I fill my tank the amount differs. So depending upon how much petrol I've added in gallons I multiply that amount by 0.3 oz of Lucas to determine how much Lucas to add (which I usually round off to the nearest once).
However, after changing out my fuel pumps I started out by adding the total amount of petrol it would hold 21.7 gallons and multiplied that amount times 0.3 oz which came to a total of 6.51 oz of Lucas added to the tank (0.3 oz x 21.7 gallons = 6.51 oz). So that was my starting point.
So from that point on I add the appropriate amount of Lucas 0.3 oz to every one gallon of petrol I add when I top off my tank. Most of the time I go over the amount of Lucas when I add it to my petrol because my DB7 seems to like it so much! LOL!!
Since you live in the UK I'm sure some conversion to liters would be in order. If I were you adding it the first time I would add the right amount Lucas to a full tank of petrol and let that be your starting point. And from then on add the appropriate amount Lucas per each liter of petrol you add each time you add petrol to your tank.
I hope you found this helpful,

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi again Syd:

I've noted the Coupe's like yours always seem to hold about 2 more gallons than the Volante (convertibles). Just thought it was worth mentioning.

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Syd:

First off I would imagine your gas tank size would be different than mine. My owners manual says my Vantage Volante holds 21.7 us gallons of petrol. On the Lucas container I have it says to add 3 oz to every 10 gallons of petrol with the caveat that going over the limit of Lucas added, will not hurt the motor. So dividing 3 oz by 10 gallons shows me that for every 1 gallon of petrol they recommend adding 0.3 oz of Lucas which is important because when I fill my tank the amount differs. So depending upon how much petrol I've added in gallons I multiply that amount by 0.3 oz of Lucas to determine how much Lucas to add (which I usually round off to the nearest once).
However, after changing out my fuel pumps I started out by adding the total amount of petrol it would hold 21.7 gallons and multiplied that amount times 0.3 oz which came to a total of 6.51 oz of Lucas added to the tank (0.3 oz x 21.7 gallons = 6.51 oz). So that was my starting point.
So from that point on I add the appropriate amount of Lucas 0.3 oz to every one gallon of petrol I add when I top off my tank. Most of the time I go over the amount of Lucas when I add it to my petrol because my DB7 seems to like it so much! LOL!!
Since you live in the UK I'm sure some conversion to liters would be in order. If I were you adding it the first time I would add the right amount Lucas to a full tank of petrol and let that be your starting point. And from then on add the appropriate amount Lucas per each liter of petrol you add each time you add petrol to your tank.
I hope you found this helpful,

John
Yes thank you John.But the reason l asked is because it was mentioned somewhere,that
it would be best to do on say a quarter of a tank than than a full one.The idea l presume being
it would have a greater effect on a smaller amount of fuel (Gas) .Meaning a greater clean up,
this being why l asked the amount to add.Although we buy liters the car still shows mpg,8 pints
in our case not 6 1/2 pts.as with your's ? So l will double up on 1/4 tank to clean out.Thank you
once more.
(y)(y)
Syd

21 - 24 of 24 Posts