Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
Thanks man, I'm waiting for the dealer report it now 3 days in the service.

Up-Date:
I found a 2008 DB9 scrap and the Gearbox are in perfect Case but can I install a 2008 gearbox on my 2007??
The dealer should be able to tell you if there were any significant changes between the model years. I would tend to doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
I think there is no good, absolutely no good, to come from these perverted auto boxes. They do not belong in sports cars and these small manufactures have no business implenting technology that they cannot stand behind. It is absolutely bizarre to think that a tranny could cost so much or even be need in such low mileage cars.

Stick the manual--these slush boxes can only be trouble for those buying after the traditional warranty.

10-20 years from now the slush boxes are going to be a complete maintenance nightmare. Technology will have moved on and finding parts and a mechanic who can repair them will be very difficult. Definitely stick to the manuals.

Very much have the same problem with the early Ferrari F1 boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.