Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really respect what our friend Mr Bez has done at AM, the DB9 is an excellent car and without doubt one of the best looking motors available at any price, and any DB7 driver who wanted to keep with the mark wanted one when it was launched - including myself.
The problem is, compared to my old DB7 Vantage, the DB9 just feels like a top end Merc. Sure, on the engineering side it's hugely superior and the interior is much higher quality, it even handles properly from autumn to spring, which is a first, but the "soul" seems to have disipated somehow.
I think that in terms of progress it's a huge step, I'm not knocking the thing, but it doesn't really inspire me. Am I alone out there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
XKR and DB9

See, I dont know why the industry hasn't come down harder on the Ford Motor company for that. I think its TOO plainly obvious and so close it looks deliberate. Can't do it.

Clarkson, being willing to side with a UK auto company for any price, was saying "Is it a bad thing to look like Cameron Diaz?! You would want to look like her wouldnt you?!"

Valid, making the assumption you were born that way. This is like someone going through 10 years of plastic surgery to look like someone/thing else.

No good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree. The new DB9 is a nice car but there is nothing about it that generates enormous passion. They seemed to have engineered to much of the soul and passion out of it. From 100 yards, it is hard to tell the difference between the DB 9 and the Jaguar XKR.
You must have bad eyes as the differences could not be more obvious to me. Passion? Are you kidding me?? A V-12 with a manual trans gives me all the passion I can handle. Perhaps I just have a low threshold for passion............

·
Registered
40 Posts
You must have bad eyes as the differences could not be more obvious to me. Passion? Are you kidding me?? A V-12 with a manual trans gives me all the passion I can handle. Perhaps I just have a low threshold for passion............
Agreed. Too bad the new DB9 does not come with a manual.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree. The new DB9 is a nice car but there is nothing about it that generates enormous passion. They seemed to have engineered to much of the soul and passion out of it. From 100 yards, it is hard to tell the difference between the DB 9 and the Jaguar XKR.
Generates lots of passion for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts