Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DB9
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the site and new to AM. Just bought 2008 DB9.

What problems should I be aware of?

It has full AM service history and is a 'Timeless' car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys new to the site and new to AM. Just bought 2008 DB9.

What problems should I be aware of?

It has full AM service history and is a 'Timeless' car.

Thanks.
Hi Colin, had my 2008 DB9 for 12 months now and absolutely love the car. Problems however have been engine emission warning light (new Lambda sensor fitted) Ignition key not functioning (new docking station fitted) and a persistent rattle coming from the rear (Both AM Works and Oselli been unable to locate and fix it). Only done 22k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Colin, I'm also a new DB9 owner. Picked up a 2011 DB9 Volante a week ago.

A couple of minor issues here - one is the parking sensors (see my other post), the other is a fault in the ambient air temperature system. I've ordered a new temperature sensor from Scuderia parts, not expensive, so just hoping it solves the problem.
The problem is that the ambient temperature reading is constantly around 77C, meaning the automatic climate control doesn't work properly as it's trying to calculate based on an incorrect exterior temp.

I would like to upgrade the Bluetooth system to allow music to play through bluetooth, I understand it's possible, would welcome any comments on whether it's worth doing.

Loving the car and still can't believe I finally own one.

·
Registered
2008 DB9
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, mine arrives in the morning. Martyn, I have been told about the Bluetooth upgrade, about £600 from Aston.

I will have to see what the functionality is like with the existing system. I am on Android.

I would hope any niggles will be covered as it has full Aston warranty on it.

I am with you Martyn, cannot believe I actually have one!!

Colin

·
Registered
2008 DB9
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done a few miles now and come across one issue which I cannot resolve. When making a phone call, hands free of course, my caller finds it difficult to hear me. Not just one, but all callers. I have checked the sounds and volume under phone, but there is no option to increase the sensitivity of the microphone.

Any ideas anyone?

Colin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts