Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 12 months I have had a rattle coming from the rear and cannot locate it. Sounds like a loose broom handle. Both rear shocks have been replaced, the boot stripped of everything removable including rear seat squabs, exhaust brackets checked but rattle persists. Could it be the seat belt mounting? Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For 12 months I have had a rattle coming from the rear and cannot locate it. Sounds like a loose broom handle. Both rear shocks have been replaced, the boot stripped of everything removable including rear seat squabs, exhaust brackets checked but rattle persists. Could it be the seat belt mounting? Any ideas welcome.

Hi Sugsy,

Can I ask if the rattle/ noise is there on a smooth road at a moderate speed ( if you can find a smooth road ).

I have a late 2007 DB9, there was an annoying noise as though something was knocking inside a box on the slightest bumpy surface.

After some investigation I found the issue to be due to the Rear parcel shelf “ bouncing “ due to being fitted above a void, the shelf itself is a moulded panel which has some degree of flex up and down, the weight of the removable centre brake light panel was causing the noise.
The fix was to remove the centre light panel, and using double sided tape apply Foam strips along and across the underside of the panel. The foam needed to be deeper than draught excluder material which i did try but made no difference so I followed a fellow DB9 owners 2012 entry in piston heads and used 15mm copper pipe foam lagging cut to length as required then quartered…. A reasonable diy job in tight space but cost less than £2.
As there is no such part listed then garages seem unable to help.
When refitting the centre panel pull it down tight to create the seal and align the screw fittings and tighten screws.

Hope this helps and gives you somewhere else to look, it cured my noise which was really irritating 😨

1 - 3 of 3 Posts