Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've decided to toy with an '05 DB9, for I've not owned an Aston before and the price was "right". The interior is perfect, other than the dash and rear shelf which seemed a little "dry" to me. I've used Leatherique products on my Ferraris and love the stuff, so I've also applied the rejuvenator oil to the DB9 dash and rear shelf areas. Silly me didn't consider how this stuff runs, and now I have oil streaks between the rear glass and the 3rd taillight.

I'm sure I can figure this out, but I thought I'd be lazy and ask first, how to remove the rear shelf centerpiece (runs from the 3rd taillight to the rear subwoofer.

Thanks in advance. And btw..... the first thing I did was remove the rear muffler and Pierburg valves, fabbed some plain piping to put in the muffler's place, and the result is the most wonderful sounding automobile I've owned thus far. The perfect amount of loud, yet great sound. And inside with the windows up.... no droning, but rather a subtle, deep note just enough to let you know there's actually something happening under the hood. Amazing to me. My wife tried to get me to purchase an Aston 4 years ago.

Anyway, any help in this rear shelf removal matter is much appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello;

Regret, I can't give you any advice on the rear centerpiece. But, can you tell me if Leatherique changes the color of the leather in any way? I need to do something for my green leather dash on my DB7 & am worried it will darken it. I would then have to do the whole interior. What would Leatherique do to bone colored leather? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I figured it all out. A pain.... but I got it removed and everything cleaned up.

66toaster:
Your interior color combination sounds similar to mine. I have the "bone" colored seating, door panels, and half-dash. The upper dash area is green; as is the rear shelf and rear-seat shoulder trims.

I wouldn't say that the leatherique darkened" the green leather, but rather restored the "rich" color that it should be. My "greens" were very parched (I haven't any window tint) and as result the color looked a little faded. As for the bone color... there was absolutely no change other than restored suppleness and a "cleaner", more vibrant appearance.

I love the stuff.... Leatherique rejuvenator to replinish and their Pristine clean for cleaning of your leather.

--nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sub Access

Hey Nick. Can you please post a play-by-play of how you were able to access the subwoofer & remove the rear panneling? My Sub-Woofer is dead, and I don't want to pay the labor cost for the dealer to remove it if it is something I can do myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Nick. Can you please post a play-by-play of how you were able to access the subwoofer & remove the rear panneling? My Sub-Woofer is dead, and I don't want to pay the labor cost for the dealer to remove it if it is something I can do myself.

Thanks!
Hi, Micah.

That's SO easy on the DB9. Here you go.....

btw... excuse the "runs" you see on my rear seats. Everything was still soaking in Leatherique's rejuvenating oil :D

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts