Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The starter button on my DB9 appears to have become stuck in the "pressed" position and has not sprung back out of the recess.

As a result, when I try to press the button, there is minimal movement and the starter motor does not operate.

As the car is stuck in the hotel I went to for lunch and the nearest dealer is over 3 hours away, any advice I can get to help me fix this myself would be very welcome.

The car is a 2006 model.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have managed to fix it now thanks to some advice from a technician at my AM dealership, so thought I would post here as he told me it's a fairly common problem and maybe someone else can benefit in the future.

To access the back of the button, you need to remove the central veneer panel that houses the satnav and gear selector buttons etc. First open the satnav and remove the two clips which hold the veneer backing to the screen. Then using a knife, push between the gap at bottom of the veneer panel just where the radio/hi-fi plastic facia starts. This will force the veneer panel out of the two retaining clips that hold it in place - it moves up rather than outwards.

Once you have access to the back of the button, you can slip it out of the front of the panel to see what's up. It will either be that the button has come out of the panel, or the button housing has separated. In either case, some super glue can be used to fix things back as they should be before re-assembling.

Hope that helps someone stuck like me one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts