Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pete,
If I may give my view as someone who had the same fault. It turned out to be a simple temperature sensor on the i6 3.2. Get your garage to renew it and bingo!
Good Luck
Gil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pete,
Apologies for the delay I have been away.
The answer was part number 37-84193 it is the sensor at the front of the engine on the i6 and called "Sensor ect engine coolant" It apparently cured my A/C issue the same as yours as it monitors the ambient temperature.
The part costs apparently here in the UK £26.75 so it won't be big bucks that end. Good Luck and hope it is the culprit.
Gil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sensor

Pete,
It certainly recovered mine. I have just spoken to the foreman of my local Aston garage, and he can only therefore suggest either buying a plug in analyser or calling to any garage, doesn't have to be an Aston one, pull off the large panel on the passenger side footwell and plug into the scart socket.
That should throw up the fault code on the EMS and hopefully from that try one of three other sensors.
As you appreciate its difficult remotely to rectify or advise on what the analyser states is the fault, but try that.
COUGAR make a cheap handheld engine management tool which here in the UK is about £45, yellow in colour and well worth the investment as many garages charge £40 just to plug in and give you the fault code.
Good luck mate, sorry we didn't rectify the fault first time out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts