Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my DB7 sometimes starts fine, but then cuts out in about 30 seconds - even when there's plenty of petrol and the battery is charged. I've been told it could be because the computer is re-educating itself, because I turn the battery connection off using the red switch in the boot when the car is standing for more that 2 days. Dioes anyone have the same problem, or know the solution?
thanks, Catherine

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Hi - my DB7 sometimes starts fine, but then cuts out in about 30 seconds - even when there's plenty of petrol and the battery is charged. I've been told it could be because the computer is re-educating itself, because I turn the battery connection off using the red switch in the boot when the car is standing for more that 2 days. Dioes anyone have the same problem, or know the solution?
thanks, Catherine
Catherine, Suggest you get a battery condition for your DB7. Ctek makes a very good one. Takes about ten seconds to hook up and negates the need to kill the battery when the car sits.

Regarding the computer, they do take a few minutes to reboot after the power has been completely cut off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dear boxer - thanks - do you mean a battery charger that i would have to plug into the mains? - unfortunately the aston is parked on the road so if so that could be a problem

gratefully, catherine

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
dear boxer - thanks - do you mean a battery charger that i would have to plug into the mains? - unfortunately the aston is parked on the road so if so that could be a problem

gratefully, catherine
Catherine, Sorry, but yes, it would need to be plugged into the mains.

If you are only letting it sit for a few days between drives, the battery should hold up fine. If it does not, then you should replace it. Killing the battery also turns the alarm off so it is best to leave it on unless you are storing the car in a secure lock up for long periods.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dear boxer - thank you, that clears that up - i did get a brand new battery recently so i'll try the leaving-it-connected idea - really appreciate your comments - have a great week, catherine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts