Aston Martin Forum banner

Fault Codes

14K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Maccattack 
#1 · (Edited)
OK all you Aston tech heads out there.
I have received the fault code "Emergency Brake Assist Failure" a few times so far in my Vantage. My local dealer has not heard of this code before.
As it comes up as a red (or critical) warning - does anyone know what is going on?
Is it something to worry about or is it something coming out of the Volvo electrical system?
Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Not yet - however I did look up Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) which apparently the cars have. This senses whether or not you are trying to brake in an emergency and if the car feels (electronically) that you are not applying enough brake pressure, it will take over and apply full braking. This all happens in a millisecond. I am assuming (and this is a somewhat uneducated guess assumption) that there may be an occasional fault with the EBA unit. I will of course take this up again with my dealer during my next visit.

I find that if you turn the car off and then restart that the fault goes away.
I'll let you know once I quizz my dealer again.

#5 ·
OK - have an interim finding on this issue. I have had my local Aston dealer plug into the car and it would appear that there is a sensor inside the brake booster. Whilst the booster is fine, the sensor is playing up. They have ordered a new brake booster and will be fitting to the car next week.
Must say though that from the time they downloaded the codes from the car - I have not had the problem since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.