Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the specs on my DB7 Vantage Volante, the gas tank holds 21.4 gallons however when my refueling light goes on I can only get around 15 gallons into the tank. Is it a problem with my refueling guage or is the tank smaller than stated? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gas tank

When topping off my '01 coupe, gas pump stops at 20 gallons inspite of what is mentioned in the manual. I don't chance to add anymore in case of spillage. When full, gauge reads slightly less.

·
Registered
68 Posts
According to the specs on my DB7 Vantage Volante, the gas tank holds 21.4 gallons however when my refueling light goes on I can only get around 15 gallons into the tank. Is it a problem with my refueling guage or is the tank smaller than stated? Thanks
I have seen this issue on other cars, yours could be the same:
I think you tank does hold 21.4 gallons of fuel total...
The float in the tank and or potentiometer in the sensor for the fuel gauge bottoms out at 15 gallons or so, so there is still fuel left in the tank, but the float valve is all the way down, so you get the "empty" on the fuel gauge.
This is not a problem.. it is more of a safety measure.

A good example of this (if you dont mind), would be the Top gear episode I watched at some point, where Jeremy Clarkson's Diesel Jaguar was able to cover many more miles after the tank was said to be drained.

Another good example of this would be the toilet... (if you dont want to experiment with the car).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts