Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now retired I have owned a sports car always from my first a 1970 MGB GT to Fiats a Jaguar E Type 1963 coupe ( never should of sold it !!!) VW Jetta 25 years of BMW's and now a 2006 Porsche 911 coupe with a 6 speed and Porsche sport exhaust. The 911 is wonderful - it now has 41K miles fun but is very harsh for trips my wife doesn't like it for longer than an hour ! . I have always wanted to own an Aston so now thinking about a V8 Vantage w a manual hopefully in BRG Blue or Silver ! I am more into cruising now and if I want to go fast I can drive the 911 ( keeping it - its going to my youngest son after my driving days are over ) so the 06 with less hp and lower purchase price might be the one for me . Plan to start looking soon so thought that I would join the Forum . I viewed Doug DeMuros review of his AM experience on YouTube which frankly scared me a bit so thought I would see what was posted here for some reassurance that a AM can be reliable and fun ! Thank you ! Russ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Russ, don't let doug worry you.
I think one of the best youtubers to watch is aston 1936 he does all his own work, shows you how basic and easy some things are to pull apart and repair, redpants is another good youtuber he has amv8's whereas aston1936 has a db9. I have bought parts through redpants and the service was excellent even downunder.
I have a db9 and love it I have just done 33000klm and it runs beautifully I take it for a spin every few days especially on weekends.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Russ. You can’t go wrong with an AM V8V. I thoroughly enjoy my ‘07. Fun to drive short or long distances. My wife likes it so we purchased her a ‘08 V8V Roadster as well.

Good luck to you! By the way, my first car was a 1971 MB-GT as well. Still have it. Take care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike
Thank you for the encouragement ! That's amazing that you still have you MG what a treasure that you can pass on to your kids !

I believe after owning 2 that I know them inside out . My GT was a 70 in Blue Royale the 72 B was Glacier white - I really loved them !

Pittsburgh's annual Vintage Grand Prix events are starting soon - car show races etc I plan to speak w vantage owners there and see if any are for sale
I am also attending the Barrett Jackson car show in Las Vegas this fall perhaps a nice AM will be available !

Best !

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts