Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. Some of you may know me from the Ferrari world and SupercarTribe. Anyway I always wanted an Aston and decided to buy the cheapest (for good reason) Aston Martin Rapide.

I’ve always loved the Rapide and this car was damaged in an accident. I thought hey I can fix that, and that was where I became a bit foolish! Word of advice, if it looks like you should step away, run a mile.

Anyway I’ve been vlogging the rebuild and some of you might be interested. I’m six episodes in and to give you an idea of how bad it is, by episode 6 I had to strip the engine.

Anyway I’ll put links below. Advice always welcome, but if your advice is walk away, it’s too late for that!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought an Aston Martin Rapide that had been involved in an accident. I thought the repair was going to be easy, but it's been a real nightmare! Watch me completely rebuild the car from the bottom up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this video, I buy the world's cheapest Aston Martin and take it to the workshop to inspect the car. Things are not as easy as it seems as we start to spot unknown damage. This is part two in a series of videos as I attempt to repair my Aston Martin Rapide. I'm filming the whole thing so be sure to share with others who might be interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I go on the hunt for a donor car that rumour has it exists in Saudi Arabia. This could save me tens of thousands in repair bills, or it could be a sure way to burn more money! This is part three in my attempt to rebuild an Aston Martin Rapide and prevent it from becoming a parts car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In previous videos we managed to get the car towed to the workshop. Today we attempt to start it for the first time! Join us on this journey to see if we can get it back on the road. This is part four in my attempt to rebuild an Aston Martin Rapide and prevent it from becoming a parts car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the previous video, we tried to start the car. It ran briefly but sounded terrible and leaked oil. Today we will run a compression test and try and figure out what is wrong!

Join us on this journey to see if we can get it back on the road. This is part five in my attempt to rebuild an Aston Martin Rapide and prevent it from becoming a parts car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part 6 comes out this Friday. I will add the link once live.

In the previous video we dropped the engine from the car. We suspected that cylinders 6+12 were damaged, but the only way to see the extent of the damage was to strip the engine. So in the episode we start to strip the Aston Martin. The problem goes from bad to worse!

This is part six in my attempt to rebuild an Aston Martin Rapide and prevent it from becoming a parts car. Let me know if I should repair this in the comments below!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Tire Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts