Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Quick introduction, I just picked up a 2019 Vantage, what an exquisite vehicle! I come from the NSX, E39 M5 and multiple Porsches, the last one was a 2014 Turbo. The astounding bit is what the used car market is doing, I ended up trading it in for (nearly) a straight swap! I figured I couldn't pass up a deal like this as they gave me about $12k off what I bought it for, CPO . . . four years ago! The 911 does so many things very, very right . . . But the Vantage's sound is intoxicating. The interior is truly amazing and I cannot remember the last time I launched the 911, so what does it matter that the Vantage is almost 1.5 seconds slower? Where do I have to be in such a rush?

I must be getting old. Anyhow, these forums seems to be quite quiet compared to Rennlist (and others), but I do hope to become a contributing member! Cheers, KH
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello forum! I’ve been bouncing around between several cars on my shortlist for about 6 months (Porsche,Lotus, Jag) but always felt the AM was out of my reach. After doing some more numbers I find I can get into the car I’ve wanted for decades. Unfortunately some of the financial reports coming out of the the press regarding the company are pretty pessimistic. Does anyone have any insight into this? Apparently there is a redesign of the GT/Sport family due 2023 (I’m in the Vantage camp). I don’t want to be the last one to buy in to the death rattle before the sweeping changes result in a revitalized car/company. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hello Nostromo,
I went through a similar decision process looking at Porsche, Lotus, Jaguar. I'm a yank but have always leaned towards the Brits for cars so it was surprising that I even was considering the Porsche. I was in the used car market place looking at cars from the 2000s. I was watching quite a few auction sites and started seeing Astons coming up. One close by came up, a 2008 V8 Vantage. It was close by so I took that as a sign and went for it. I have no regrets at all, you just don't see that many around here in South Florida. As a bonus, my wife loves it also!

John D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Nostromo,
I went through a similar decision process looking at Porsche, Lotus, Jaguar. I'm a yank but have always leaned towards the Brits for cars so it was surprising that I even was considering the Porsche. I was in the used car market place looking at cars from the 2000s. I was watching quite a few auction sites and started seeing Astons coming up. One close by came up, a 2008 V8 Vantage. It was close by so I took that as a sign and went for it. I have no regrets at all, you just don't see that many around here in South Florida. As a bonus, my wife loves it also!

John D.
Thanks John, I’ve been saving for this for a really long time and the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the dated interior (I want to buy new) and the lack of manual transmission. I live in Washington state to it’s pretty similar to the UK climate . Have you had any mechanical issues? There are always anecdotal accounts of big panel gaps, electrical issues, oil leaks, etc. what has your experience been like?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
The dated interior and out of date technology is a bit of a minus. I went with the sport shift because there are not many country drives here in South Florida so 95% of my driving is around town. I had been saving for this for a while also, this is my retirement present to myself. I have not had any mechanical issues or drips. I replaced the gas flap and hood struts which were reasonable. I have a good local mechanic so I don't have to go to the AM dealer. I would like to upgrade the sound system, I added a Bluetooth adapter (Bovee 1000) to the iPod cable and that allows me to play Music, Podcasts, SirriusXM from my iPhone. It did not come with SatNav but I'm glad it didn't since that is essentially out of date anyway.

I thoroughly enjoy it, no regrets at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All! Quick introduction, I just picked up a 2019 Vantage, what an exquisite vehicle! I come from the NSX, E39 M5 and multiple Porsches, the last one was a 2014 Turbo. The astounding bit is what the used car market is doing, I ended up trading it in for (nearly) a straight swap! I figured I couldn't pass up a deal like this as they gave me about $12k off what I bought it for, CPO . . . four years ago! The 911 does so many things very, very right . . . But the Vantage's sound is intoxicating. The interior is truly amazing and I cannot remember the last time I launched the 911, so what does it matter that the Vantage is almost 1.5 seconds slower? Where do I have to be in such a rush?

I must be getting old. Anyhow, these forums seems to be quite quiet compared to Rennlist (and others), but I do hope to become a contributing member! Cheers, KH View attachment 1846
These cars are ridiculously beautiful. Best looking car in the AM lineup as far as I’m concerned. Congrats! And please show us a few more pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hi Nostromo,
There is no adhesive holding it down, you can use double sided carpet tape, which I probably should have used in places. As seen in the photos, there are some places where the flooring was stretched when I turned the car while backing in. I had another vinyl floor in previously that was there for over 15 years and never had any moisture issues though the floor did have an epoxy paint floor previous to that which probably did seal the concrete.

Yes, I am enjoying the [email protected]@ out of it. Can't go out in it enough!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These cars are ridiculously beautiful. Best looking car in the AM lineup as far as I’m concerned. Congrats! And please show us a few more pics when you get the chance.
Haven't had a chance to take more pictures, but I took the Vantage from LG to Paso Robles for the weekend (325 miles round trip), what a great ride! Better than my 911, in that it was more comfortable and the speed seemed effortless . . . Not that a Turbo has to try very hard either :) Will be meeting up with the Northern California Aston Club (from 6speed) this Saturday, I will definitely be able to take a bunch of pictures of Astons in the wild! KH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts