Hi, Aston Martin fans! I wanted to ask a couple of questions.
I am interested in purchasing a 2002 Aston Martin DB7 I found on James List. I will post the link below.
I have to admit that I don't know much about car pricing, but the car is within my price range. It has always been my dream to own one of these beautiful cars, and I would buy it in a millisecond. However, I feel I must make an educated purchase, and I wondered if you guys could help me. There are a couple of things holding me back:
- The car is at least 10 years old. I don't know in what condition it is in/if maintenece would be a huge issue there.
- I live in Puerto Rico, so I cannot go see the car for myself. I would have to deal with shipping costs as well
- I am a student, so I can't afford to invest a lot of money on the car to get it up and running
- There is no Aston Martin dealer in Puerto Rico, so I would probably have to go to the Jaguar dealership and see if they would work on it. I am not sure, though.
- Then there's the question of the V12 engine. I've heard stories of V8+ engines overheating in tropical climates. That worries me.
I work two jobs at the university and have plenty of money saved up from my father's inheritance. I really want this car, but I'm afraid it might drain my savings. Any help would be appreciated!