Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2019 DBS. Yesterday AM I went out and noticed the car battery was dead. I assumed maybe my wife left the passenger door open or something...

Anyways, I got it started up this AM with a jump and all seemed well after I took my son to school and came home.

After I parked it and came back out to the garage I noticed that a portion of the passenger headlight and taillights were staying on and won't shut off.

Now I'm thinking maybe that's how the car battery died in the first place but I'm looking to see if anyone has seen this and if there's a solution that doesn't involve shipping it 5 hours away for service.

Registered
2005 DB9, Tungsten Silver w/ Kestrel Tan interior. 2020 Vantage coupe, Lime Essence w/ Obsidian int.
Hi. I have a 2019 DBS. Yesterday AM I went out and noticed the car battery was dead. I assumed maybe my wife left the passenger door open or something...

Anyways, I got it started up this AM with a jump and all seemed well after I took my son to school and came home.

After I parked it and came back out to the garage I noticed that a portion of the passenger headlight and taillights were staying on and won't shut off.

Now I'm thinking maybe that's how the car battery died in the first place but I'm looking to see if anyone has seen this and if there's a solution that doesn't involve shipping it 5 hours away for service.
It looks to me that you are parking the car with its "Parking lights" turned on. European spec cars often have the option to turn on the "sidelights" that are closest to the driving lane when you are parked on the street. On my Subaru you simply left the indicator stalk switched to either a right or left turn position when you switched off the ignition.
My 2020 Vantage has a separate position on the multi-function light switch, that is labeled as "Parking lamp." (see manual clip below)... That might cure your problem on your DBS.
Camera Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera lens Digital camera

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! You are right about this. Shortly after posting here I spoke with a technician who let me know about this option. I had no idea but apparently, my son was fiddling around with the car and likely changed this by mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts