Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Excited to participate in the forum & pumped about getting my Aston tomorrow!
2005 DB9 with 7K miles on it. What would you suggest I have done as preventative maintenance?
I'm at least thinking of an oil change. Any suggestions for oil brand/type and where to purchase the right oil filter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Altawashm! Unfortunately the service records I have show nothing done in regards to the gearbox. Is there some sort of preventative maintance I should do for the gear box, or is this something that you just wait to go wrong & then fix?

Got the car on Monday....the sound it makes when you start it up runs chills down your spine! Love it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys,

Excited to participate in the forum & pumped about getting my Aston tomorrow!
2005 DB9 with 7K miles on it. What would you suggest I have done as preventative maintenance?
I'm at least thinking of an oil change. Any suggestions for oil brand/type and where to purchase the right oil filter?
So, question, Manual or Touchtronic?
Oil will be factor you would really want to pay attention to, otherwise it is a reliable car (with reliability varying car to car), but seems great. And if it has not been serviced yet, it would be about time to do so. The aston center or a service kit (with filters available) would do fine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Learning from other's experience

Serega91, Altawashm, you guys rock. Thank You. I'll keep an eye out for oil leaks & pay attention to the gear shifting to get ahead of gearbox & clutch issues. I'm going to do the oil & filter change myself and if either of you have an oil recommendation, please let me know.

I know these cars have issues and my intent of the thread was to learn from your experience so I can avoid the more common mistakes & issues.

Serega91, good to hear you think they can be reliable. My db9 is 7 years old with 7K miles on it, but I plan on puting that many miles on it every year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts