Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok…so I say this a little tongue in check. Stroll is still salivating and tripping over himself trying to be Ferrari. It was clear on the recent conference call when he declared they weren’t going to make any more cheap crappy cars ( I paraphrase) but his “Ferrari Envy” is so overwhelming it is painful to witness.

I’ll say it now…Stroll will eventually go down in flames. His only business plan is to be Son of Ferrari and my bet is that there is no place in the world for a Ferrari copycat. I’ll admit, I was a bit of a fanboy for Andy Palmer..even if he had trouble balancing his checkbook. I think he had a unique vision and a goal. Stroll just seems to be trying to copy Ferrari. So far most of Strolls decisions have been pretty mediocre, including leaving…a winning “Aston Martin Red Bull” for an also ran “ Aston Martin” “works (?)” team. ( I do like the DB707 decision, though).

Anyway, my short thoughts are, Stroll has nowhere to go productively. He owns too many shares so the only way he will leave is via bankruptcy or forced out by debt holder, eventually. Then maybe we get an emergent interesting Aston Martin. For now, we’ll just have to watch Stroll struggle with his third management team.

No amount of buying Ferrai employees is going to recreate Ferrari, Vettel included. YMMV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And…who brings in a 76 year old CEO to rejuvenate a company? Stroll must be a real piece of work to deal with and seems a bit desperate. I guess they left out the term “ interim” in the press release.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts