Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aston Martin issued a profit warning on Friday and Autocar published an article saying Stroll is looking to replace Moers. Latest blog covering these events is:

Thoughts? Moers, the Valkyrie, Stroll?

P.S. Im not creative enough to even make this stuff up.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aston Martin issued a profit warning on Friday and Autocar published an article saying Stroll is looking to replace Moers. Latest blog covering these events is:

Thoughts? Moers, the Valkyrie, Stroll?

P.S. Im not creative enough to even make this stuff up.......
Geez. Finally get to the point where I can buy one of these cars and the company is disintegrating. Great article tho…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Much appreciated.
I suppose the question to ask now is what lies 6,8,12 months down the road? Things are pretty bleak right now but is the company truly unsalvageable or will Stroll be able to kick the place back into shape? I’m not a business minded guy, and the heart has wanted an Aston for a really long time. I still have 8 months to a year to pull the trigger so that helps but I’d appreciate any input others may have on the health of this company. The new F1 vantage and the upcoming V12 look great on paper but so did the Valhalla and Valkyrie.

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose the question to ask now is what lies 6,8,12 months down the road? Things are pretty bleak right now but is the company truly unsalvageable or will Stroll be able to kick the place back into shape? I’m not a business minded guy, and the heart has wanted an Aston for a really long time. I still have 8 months to a year to pull the trigger so that helps but I’d appreciate any input others may have on the health of this company. The new F1 vantage and the upcoming V12 look great on paper but so did the Valhalla and Valkyrie.
I would just wait to see what comes out in the next 6-12 months and then make a decision. Also you're buy a car, not stock in the company so I would be less worried about the companies current health at that period in time unless you are ordering a new car with a longer lead time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would just wait to see what comes out in the next 6-12 months and then make a decision. Also you're buy a car, not stock in the company so I would be less worried about the companies current health at that period in time unless you are ordering a new car with a longer lead time.
Thanks Boxer. I’ve been on the list for Porsche and Lotus for awhile now but AM has always been at the top of my list. Just put down a deposit for the ‘24 Vantage. If I have to wait another 18-24 months I’m ok with that as long as they update the interiors. And grow up and put in apple car play!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this thread is a bit dated but thought I would put in my two cents.

First, the health of Aston is a consideration when you buy a new car. I don’t think many of us want a new car and then find out we are spending 3-6 months waiting for a part that other makes can get in a day or two. Sure some exotics are like that but it’s something one normally wants to know going in to the purchase. It took me 6 months to get rubber floor mats for my 2019 Vantage. Seemed like an absurdly long time. Heard some speculative excuses…pretty sure it wasn’t Covid related..but if I had to guess it was more likely Aston was stretching payables and had the supplier a bit irritated…well…that’s my speculation.

Apparently, I’m one of the few people online that actually likes the new Vantage. Yeah…l like the interior, I like the “ hunter” grill ( yes…more than the effeminate afterthought(?) vaned grill), the AMG engine was a mashup I welcomed, …. I guess I was the new customer AML was looking for. I never really gave Aston a second look in the past. The new Vantage and new DBS got me excited. Unfortunately, I guess it was a rude awakening for AML that I was only one of a handful to show up, LOL. ( and I was never an interest AMG GT, so I didn’t see rebadged AMG narrative)

Anecdotally, one would think the hunter grill was the worst design idea ever judging from forum posts, but the handful of people on the ground I have had discussions with, everybody has said they prefer the hunter over the vane. Someday, when I am bored, I’ll head off over to my local dealer and shoot the bull and see what the sales guy says about interest. Most of the sales guys I speak to seem to be straight shooters, even if 80% of the answers I get are “ I don’t know”, “ You’re guess is as good as mine”, “ I wish they would tell us”…

Personally, the design changes for the V12 don’t float my boat. Aside from bragging rights for a V12 I find the styling a bit too transformer like. If I wanted something that angular I’d be over at the Lambo dealer.

So to get around to the initial point. It should be interesting what is in store for the 2024 Vantage. Particularly now, with a changing of the guard. Will there be another change of direction ( and possible delay)? I have no idea what to expect. Well..I do have a little idea. It will be more expensive than the current models, Stroll has made that clear, IMO. ( that should definitely bring a lot of complaints from the old boys who are still suffering sticker-shock on the 2018 MY). The interior…well…I like the current interior so, for me, it’s 50/50 it gets worse. The exterior….unless it’s a shrunken DBS, I’m probably not going to be a fan there either.

Presumably, your deposit is fully refundable so you have a free option. No big deal. But for me, the next generation of AM being better is just 50/50. If it goes up in price, then Ferrari and Lambo just become more competitive. If it’s the same price..well…should be interesting how much more value AML can provide.

I like the introduction of the 707 but I would still prefer the Uris at that price point. ( In any event, both are out of my pay grade for an SUV. I like my Macan that I can cart stuff to the dump and still get it repaired by a decent dealer network).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the 2024 lineup looks like. I’m not running out to put down a deposit but I am excited to see what time brings. I have my fingers crossed that Stroll can thread the needle for the new lineup.

By the way, have you seen any hints of what the new designs look like? I haven’t but, then again, haven’t really gone crazy looking or glimpses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts