Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am brand-new to this site and this would be my first time buying an exotic.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 silver vantage N4 20 that has 22,000 miles on it. It has it has a clean Carfax and I am having a PPI done this week. The car has no cosmetic damage and the interior is extremely clean. My concern is that the car has had seven owners to this point. When I go to sell the car in a few years,will the fact and has had eight owners make it more difficult to sell or less attractive? I apologize if this is an overly basic question. As I related, I am very new. Thank you any advice is greatly appreciated. – John

·
Registered
2003 Vanquish
4 Posts
Seven previous owners made it less attractive to you, at least enough to make you ask the question, soooo... seems like you already know. Assuming favourable maintenance records, accident history, etc., if it comes to you at a lower-than-market price, and leaves you at a correspondingly lower-than-market price, where's the harm?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. ...at least, so says Hunter S. Thompson.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I am brand-new to this site and this would be my first time buying an exotic.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 silver vantage N4 20 that has 22,000 miles on it. It has it has a clean Carfax and I am having a PPI done this week. The car has no cosmetic damage and the interior is extremely clean. My concern is that the car has had seven owners to this point. When I go to sell the car in a few years,will the fact and has had eight owners make it more difficult to sell or less attractive? I apologize if this is an overly basic question. As I related, I am very new. Thank you any advice is greatly appreciated. – John
7 owners or 8 doesn’t matter. 22,000m is very low which is very good. Just get it checked over as maintenance and repair costs are very high.

·
Registered
2005 DB9, Tungsten Silver w/ Kestrel Tan interior. 2020 Vantage coupe, Lime Essence w/ Obsidian int.
6 Posts

It has been my experience that exotics tend to have a higher than average turn over of owners. I doubt that many initial buyers of Astons, Ferraris, Lambos and such, anticipate keeping them forever... I think we are normally on a "journey" of some kind and will want to experience as many different rides as possible! As one of the previous posters mentioned, the history of the car's service is far and away the most important factor in its worth.
If I had no mechanical knowledge myself and needed to have every single item looked at by a professional, I would probably only buy vehicles that had spotless ownership and service records but I enjoy dabbling in minor repairs and servicing and would probably "gamble" somewhat on a vehicle with a more checkered background.
I wish you well with your purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts