Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Vantage V8 and have been having a problem shifting gears. If I go to max RPM in 1st, I can't get the clutch to release. With the clutch fully in the car decelerates to about 4000RPM and then I can force the shift out of 1st and shift to 2nd. The dealer claims the clutch is worn--no warantee. I claim the problem is in the throw-out bearing that would be a warantee item. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the issue was with the T/O bearing operation it'd be hydraulic related and you should see some fluid on the ground.

I haven't heard of anyone having much luck with clutch related warranty service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From my experience with the Factory there not bothered
You will have a very slim chance of getting it done under warranty
There attitude is you only a customer
I thing you will find that it is the clutch How many miles has it done?

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry but I had a option on a 177
Put the V in for new bolts in the callipers (rusty) and 4 new wheel badges told No so cancel the new car lovely cars but Shit Company
She had done 3000 and was told fear were and tear

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This problem was determined to be failure of two of the pins that hold the clutch release plate to the clutch, so it was covered by Aston Martin under warranty. Go to this link and scroll down to see the discussion and pictures of the failure. My mechanic at Marin Luxury Cars worked closely with the Factory Rep and everything was covered. I now have a new updated clutch so this problem should not recur.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/227167-royal-purple-oil.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts