Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2012 V8 Vantage S (Sportshift II w/ 21k miles) a week ago and without any warning, the car will not start tonight giving an error "Fault No Gear Change Possible". When I stepped out of the car, I slipped on the garage floor, and then discovered a huge puddle coming from underneath the car near the rear center (close to rear axle/diff) - the fluid is green/yellow (transmission fluid?). Upon further inspection, the leak appears to have started while I had the car out earlier in the day. I can see streaks along the bottom panel all the way back to the rear bumper - guess I was lucky to make it home. The car has been mostly sitting at a dealership all summer, and I've put about 300 miles on it this week (probably 150 of them today).

Looks like I'll be getting it towed Monday morning - any ideas what it could be? Really hoping I didn't just buy a car that needs a new clutch first thing!?! Not sure if this helps, but values from a PPI diagnostic scan I had done a couple of weeks ago:

Self tuned clutch closed position = 1619
Self tuned clutch closed position - kiss point delta = 447
Clutch overheat timer = 496

The shop explained my clutch looks more than 50% worn based on these numbers, but it didn't sound like end of life was in 300 more miles! Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why don't you bring your car to the service center, they will fix it in a better way, Aston Martin is very well managed, a vehicle so doesn't try it by yourself if you don't know how to fix it. I have seen a lot of people who try to fix by itself, but they got fail, then they had to take a roadside assistance service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts