Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2012 V8 Vantage S (Sportshift II w/ 21k miles) a week ago and without any warning, the car will not start tonight giving an error "Fault No Gear Change Possible". When I stepped out of the car, I slipped on the garage floor, and then discovered a huge puddle coming from underneath the car near the rear center (close to rear axle/diff) - the fluid is green/yellow (transmission fluid?). Upon further inspection, the leak appears to have started while I had the car out earlier in the day. I can see streaks along the bottom panel all the way back to the rear bumper - guess I was lucky to make it home. The car has been mostly sitting at a dealership all summer, and I've put about 300 miles on it this week (probably 150 of them today).

Looks like I'll be getting it towed Monday morning - any ideas what it could be? Really hoping I didn't just buy a car that needs a new clutch first thing!?! Not sure if this helps, but values from a PPI diagnostic scan I had done a couple of weeks ago:

Self tuned clutch closed position = 1619
Self tuned clutch closed position - kiss point delta = 447
Clutch overheat timer = 496

The shop explained my clutch looks more than 50% worn based on these numbers, but it didn't sound like end of life was in 300 more miles! Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 2012 V8 Vantage S (Sportshift II w/ 21k miles) a week ago and without any warning, the car will not start tonight giving an error "Fault No Gear Change Possible". When I stepped out of the car, I slipped on the garage floor, and then discovered a huge puddle coming from underneath the car near the rear center (close to rear axle/diff) - the fluid is green/yellow (transmission fluid?). Upon further inspection, the leak appears to have started while I had the car out earlier in the day. I can see streaks along the bottom panel all the way back to the rear bumper - guess I was lucky to make it home. The car has been mostly sitting at a dealership all summer, and I've put about 300 miles on it this week (probably 150 of them today).

Looks like I'll be getting it towed Monday morning - any ideas what it could be? Really hoping I didn't just buy a car that needs a new clutch first thing!?! Not sure if this helps, but values from a PPI diagnostic scan I had done a couple of weeks ago:

Self tuned clutch closed position = 1619
Self tuned clutch closed position - kiss point delta = 447
Clutch overheat timer = 496

The shop explained my clutch looks more than 50% worn based on these numbers, but it didn't sound like end of life was in 300 more miles! Thanks in advance for any thoughts...
Did you managed to find out what the problem was and the fix ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts